With the beginning of school for three out of four humans in L'Casa, it has been BUSY. We have become legit Weekend Warriors, when time and activities (and children) allow.
So this closet project has been going a looooooot sloooooooooower than I'd like. But not much I can do about that, especially since this week is testing for the kids so they only go to school once (wah) this week and it's pretty much like summer the other days with the ridiculous heat out but the pool's closed, save that Kyle's not around so it's two-on-one and I always hate those odds.
First bit of news! PureBond has agreed to step in and give us a hand to create custom closet built-ins (since our window seat ended up fairly awesome) for the kiddos, so that's super exciting and yay! My creative wheels are spinning. Also related, thoughts on this? Would you all support an endeavor like that from us? We have a little over two weeks to contribute, so let me know what you think.
After laying the floor last weekend, Kyle stained the wood the same color as Tova's floor, which is a slightly different ratio than the color we used in our bedroom and the dining room:
And it was good.
Then I was set to task with sanding and patching the mud on the drywall -- you know, after the poly had dried for a week because you can't be too careful.
The sanding process was an event in and of itself as I was testing a product for a company for another blog I write for, but don't despair -- once I get that all worked out I'll give you all the down and dirty.
Anyway, sand, sand, sand, patch, sand, vacuum and PRIME:
And it's starting to look something kind of legit usable.
Of course, there's this weird little strip at the top of the ceiling in the closet where the slanted roof, the actual ceiling, and the divider wall of the closet meet in a triangle that Kyle didn't know how to handle and was too awkward to be able to be drywalled properly, so I've got that to tackle, but for now, for now I will take this progress.
Next week we're talking color, kiddies. Strap in.